Monday 19 April 2010

Lusting over the Angels

With Thursday's game not going exactly to plan I have decided to commit to the new Blood Angels Codex and have come up with the following list which I shall be play-testing on Thursday and probably be taking to the Tournament in a fortnight:

HQ
Librarian - 100
Shield of Sanguinius, Unleash Rage

Elite
Furioso Dreadnought - 185
Blood Fists, Heavy Flamer, Meltagun, Magna-Grapple; Drop Pod
Brother Corbulo - 105

Troop
Assault Squad A - 465
(10) 2x Meltagun, Power Fist; Land Raider Redeemer w. Extra Armour & Mult Melta
Assault Squad B - 180
(5) Meltagun, Power Weapon; Razorback w. Twin Linked Lascannon
Assault Squad C - 180
(5) Meltagun, Power Weapon; Razorback w. Twin Linked Lascannon
Tactical Squad - 235
(10) Flamer, Plasma Cannon, Power Fist; Drop Pod

Fast Attack
Baal Predator - 150
Twin Linked Assault Cannons, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Dozer Blade

Heavy Support
Dreadnougt - 150
Multi Melta, Heavy Flamer; Drop Pod

The only things I'm undecided about still are the Lascannon Razorbacks, I'm tempted to take Assault Cannons; and Brother Corbulo, I could swap him for 2 regular priests. For the time being however, it stays like this.

I think Corbulo is important as the list will benefit greatly from getting first turn and his re-roll could come in handy there. The Baal Predator can move up quickly to support my two drop pod Dreads, creating a pretty devastating AV13 alpha-strike. Then there's the hammer unit in the Land Raider to worry about not to mention the two Lascannon Razorbacks and the late game objective taking Tac Squad in the Drop Pod. It feels like a strong list to me.

Unfortunately I'll have to pull my finger out in terms of painting as I have no Apothecaries or Assault Marines painted yet! I have just spent this weekend putting them together along with a Baal Predator turret and I also need to think about making 3 objective markers!! Plenty to do over the next two weeks, I'll keep you updated on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails