Monday 12 April 2010

New contributor

Gav has foolishly given me permission to add my own content to this Blog so I guess I should start with a little introduction.

I'm Andy and I play vanilla Space Marines and Orks. Currently I have a collection of yellow Marines of a custom Chapter I like to call the Sons of Terra. I had written some background for them but it was mostly done to justify a list containing 6 Dreadnoughts which I thought would be cool at the time; however, I've gone off the idea since. At the moment you'll usually find Pedro and some Sternguard in my lists along with at least two Land Speeder Typhoons, they're my staple choices.



As far as the Orks go I've got a little less than 1500pts worth at the moment and am slowly painting them up, it's quite a struggle, for the bulk of the boyz I have used a white undercoat and used washes to get the skin the way I like it, I then have to go back and paint up the rest of the model! On the Elite and more characterful units I've started with a black undercoat and am building up the colours in the traditional way. With 60 boyz and 40ish other models it's going to be a long slog.

I play Gav on a regular basis and have build up a healthy dislike of Space Wolves in the process, basically every time I face off against them over the table I prepare some cheese and crackers to go with my whine. But all us non-Wolf players know the codex is basically broken, we just don't like to go on about it.

As well as playing Gav I like to enter tournaments. Not because I'm some uber, hardcore win-at-all-costs type of player, I just like to cram as many games as possible into a day. This month I'm playing in Warp Storm 2 at Maelstrom Games in Mansfield and at Open War 13 run by 1st Company Veterans at Warhammer World in Nottingham. I'll be doing my best to take pics and notes so I can write up some reports right here so stay tuned for more in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails