Saturday 8 May 2010

Charging a Rhino

On Thursday, due to my tactical brilliance (ie luck) I managed to multi-charge a Tactical Squad and their Rhino. The two Wolf Scouts tried to blow it up with their Krak Grenades but failed completely which left me wondering whether I would have been better attacking it normally. The best I could have done would have been a glance but if I could have stopped it moving I would have auto-hit with the Kraks in Andy's turn. Anyway, let's see what the maths advises:

P(Kraks) = P(Hit) x P(Glance or Pen) x Number of Attacks
= 1/2 x 1/2 x 2
= 1/2

P(Close Combat) = P(Hit) x (P(Glance) x Number of Attacks
= 1/2 x 1/6 x 6
= 1/2

Hmm, exactly the same. The Kraks have the advantage of being able to actually penetrate the Rhino though. However, I'd mitigate that by saying that the more dice you roll, the more likely you are to have something good happen (plus I'm rubbish at rolling to hit so more dice is definitely good for me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails