Saturday 11 September 2010

Thunder, Thunder, Thunderwolves, Hooooooo!

(hey, everyone else on t'internet has used this headline)


I've been thinking a lot about 750 point lists this week. I said in the comments that I was thinking about a Thunderwolf list. Well, let's see what we can do. Oh, and let's not forget the rules though.

Wolf Lord, Thunderwolf Mount, Saga of the Wolfkin, Wolf Claw

Wow, 180 points, pricey. Wolf Claw rather than Frost Blade as he's S5 anyway so the re-rolls will be more useful. I thought about Saga of the Bear or a Storm Shield but instead I've gone with Wolfkin as his saga as I'm going to take the following as a squad for him to sit in;

15 Fenrisian Wolves

So, that's a big, high Initiative unit that is pretty killy. However, we need something to help get units out of transports (even though they're won't be many) and to have a go at tanks.

Thunderwolf, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield

5 Grey Hunters, Razorback, Twin-Linked Lascannon

A smashy anti-vehicle unit and a shooty anti-vehicle unit. The Thunderwolf takes a Storm Shield as I'm sure he'll attract a lot of fire since he's on his own plus he might need it if he gets stuck in a combat with lots of Power Weapons. Although with his movement he should be able to pick his fights.

Ideally, I'd take another Lascannon Razorback but I can't due to the rules of the tournament. Let's take something with a bit of duality

Dreadnought, Twin-Linked Autocannon, Twin-Linked Autocannon

Anti-vehicle, anti-horde and can put wounds on bigger threats too.

Hmm, that only leaves 65 points. I feel like I still need a bit more shooting so that I can thin out enemy units before charging in my Thunderwolves. So, how about we drop the Wolf Lord down to a Wolf Guard Battle Leader. That gives 95 points which is enough to get

Preadator, Heavy Bolter Sponsons, Storm Bolter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails