Monday 29 November 2010

Top tournament tips

Before I headed off to open war I asked on both Warseer and Bolter and Chainsword for peoples top tournament tips so I thought I'd share them here.

1. Have fun, a very simple one but probably the most important one. Its hard to maintain a cheery disposition when you are up against an opponent who is a lot better than you BUT try your best.

2. Check and double check that you have everything with you. Leaving a model (as Gav did before Open War) can have disastrous consequences

3. Take Deodorant with you. Nerves, long travelling times and a hot stuffy gaming hall can lead to a sweaty experience that just isn't nice.

4. Make sure you have some cash for the bar. Nothing beats an early morning pint to get the gaming juices flowing.

5. As important as any 'Know your Codex and the rule book' anything for speedy game play.

6. If someone is being awkward (which I still think is a rare event) don't rise to it. Question the judges and live by their rulings. Its a common saying but in the end its a game of toy soldiers it isn't worth the arguments.

These simple tips really made sure I got the best out of my tournament experience and I can't wait for the next one. Shame I couldn't go with the boys yesterday but we will win the Laurels when we attend the Caledonian open I'm sure.

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget to sacrifice a chicken to the dice gods. I've failed to do this twice with disastrous consequences...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails