Sunday 11 March 2012

Completely Illogical!


hothothothothothot ...
With my plans for domination at the UK40K GT put on hold for another year by an unexpected visit from my Uncle (who currently lives in Russia), my attention has turned towards Open War which is scheduled for April 14th at Maelstrom. As you are probably aware by now I find it hard to take the same list to successive tournaments and even though I'm not going to be able to take the “horde BA” list to the GT my mind is already wandering elsewhere. Specifically back to my first love, Vanilla Marines and the staple that is Vulkan!

Here's the list:

HQ
Vulkan He'stan
Librarian: TDA, Storm Shield; Null Zone, Gate of Infinity

ELITE
Assault Terminators: 5x Thunder Hammer & Storm Shield
Dreadnought: 2x TL Autocannon
Dreadnought: 2x TL Autocannon

TROOPS
Tactical Squad: 5-man; Razorback w. TL Lascannon
Tactical Squad: 5-man; Razorback w. TL Lascannon
Tactical Squad: 10-man, Meltagun, Multimelta, Power Fist & Combi-Melta; Drop Pod

FAST ATTACK
Attack Bikes: 2-bikes 2x Multimelta
Attack Bikes: 2-bikes 2x Multimelta
Scout Bikes: 3-bikes, Cluster Mines, Combi-Melta & Meltabombs

HEAVY SUPPORT
Thunderfire Cannon

Total 1750pts

I feel pretty good about the amount, variety and reliability of the firepower in this list. Scoring-wise I'd call it adequate with 3-4 scoring units with reasonable mobility and a little extra hitting power in the Drop Tac Squad, Vulkan can join that unit to make it a little more threatening. My main concern is that the Librarian THSS Terminator unit is my main deterrent and it's mobility is some what unreliable and limited by the deep strike rules (GoI). Ideally they'd be in a Land Raider but I'm not sure I really want to drop anything from the list to accommodate one.

Any ideas from our always creative readers?

4 comments:

  1. Tattooed women are the best :P

    I like the list. One question. Can you combat squad and then put 5 guys in the drop pod and 5 guys from normal reserves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd toss a locator beacon on that pod and the Scout Bikers. If you're going to rely on gate for movement then you best ensure you go where you want. If you get first turn then scout those Bikers up and gate to them. Land the pod with the Bikers too and you've now forced your opponents hand while you maneuver the rest of your army. Finding the points is the tricky part though.

    If you can't do both then I'd at least put one on the pod. The pod can position well regardless of first turn and it's cheaper. You can get that one just by dropping cluster mines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Use a Strike instead of the Lib.
    Then have them Infiltrate

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails