Tuesday 8 May 2012

First outing for the Ellyrion Raiders

Tonight sees the first outing for my inaugural Blood Bowl team the Ellyrion Raiders. Last season I took over the Caretaker role of Andy's Orks. I had my last game on Thursday again not winning but scoring and getting 3 casualties which took my Casualty count up to 10 for 6 games which is more than anyone else who has played a similar number to me.

This season I'm taking control of a high elf team so a different proposition altogether. I've painted my first model but I'm not wholly happy with the colour scheme of Red and Silver so a little research perhaps into American football team colours is needed.

The problem I had with the Orks certainly came down to scoring. When ever I got into the position to score I didn't have the legs to take me over the line.

I'm starting off with all the models from the box so I have
1 Thrower
2 Blitzers
2 Catchers and 7 Linemen.

This leaves me with only 2 rerolls which is a scary concept because when I was playing with Orks I often had 4 and always three.

Look out tomorrow for a game report after I have faced my first opponent (the only person playing with less experience than me)



3 comments:

  1. Is the 7th Lineman worth more than the 3rd re-roll? No. You'll get injuries so suck it up but if you need to buy replacements it's cheaper to buy the Lineman than a re-roll during a League season so it's best to get as many re-rolls to ensure you score TDs and get more money to buy guys because you do lack basic skills (Where are you Dodge?) at the start and you'll suffer for it otherwise.

    The main things to remember are:
    1. Do the things that don't require dice rolling first, like turning Stunned players over and standing prone players up.
    2. With Elves, always dodge away from a player instead of blocking if you can do so. This will deny him blocks and force him to blitz hitting only 1 player a turn, and when you can dodge to an empty tackle zone on a 2+ it's a no-brainer. The only time I would advise against this is when you can chain-block a guy into the crowd throwing 2 block dice every time.

    Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ClawsandFists8 May 2012 at 22:12

    It's all about the burgundy swarm! Go Big C!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Simpson9 May 2012 at 19:30

     Thanks for your advice Stormy, I took it in the end with the reroll although I am a lineman down tomorrow I agree it is worth it

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails